Much more than just another trail bike, WR250R is distilled from Yamaha's world-dominating off-road know-how with emphasis on rugged reliability.
This small capacity machine makes for a superb lightweight adventure tourer, fully capable of tackling a desert crossing and not just the cut and thrust of the weekday commute.
Equipped with lightweight titanium inlet valves, the liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, single-cylinder engine pushes hard all the way to 10,000 rpm, making this one of the strongest 250 singles ever built by Yamaha.
- Engine TypeLiquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, single cylinder
- Displacement (cc)250.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm)77.0 x 53.6
- Compression Ratio11.8 : 1
- Lubrication SystemWet sump
- Fuel ManagementFuel injection
- Starter SystemElectric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L)7.6
- Final TransmissionChain
- TransmissionConstant mesh 6-speed
- Frame TypeSemi double cradle
- Suspension FrontTelescopic forks, 270mm travel
- Suspension RearSwingarm (link suspension), 270mm travel
- Brakes FrontHydraulic single disc, 250mm
- Brakes RearHydraulic single disc, 230mm
- Tyres Front80/100-21M/C 51P Tube type
- Tyres Rear120/80-18M/C 62P Tube type