When it comes to good honest on/off road capability and good times that last, you can’t beat a Yamaha XT250. Yamaha's cult classic is based on simple, rock-solid dependability with a fuel injected 249cc air-cooled donk at its core.
The easy-to-ride four-stroke single produces strong torque and smooth response across the entire rpm range – and will get you over 30kms on a litre of fuel.
No frills where none are needed.
- Engine TypeAir-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC 2-valve, single cylinder
- Displacement (cc)249.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm)74.0 x 58.0
- Compression Ratio9.5 : 1
- Lubrication SystemWet sump
- Fuel ManagementFuel Injection
- Starter SystemElectric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L)10.0
- Final TransmissionChain
- TransmissionConstant mesh 5-speed
- Frame TypeSemi double cradle
- Suspension FrontTelescopic forks, 225mm travel
- Suspension RearSwingarm (link suspension), 180mm travel
- Brakes FrontHydraulic single disc, 245mm
- Brakes RearHydraulic single disc, 203mm
- Tyres Front2.75-21 45P Tube type
- Tyres Rear120/80-18M/C 62P Tubeless