For 2020 the all-new YZ450F comes with less weight, more power and sharper handling, making it the most competitive 450cc model that Yamaha has ever produced.
In order to create a motocross bike that can race and win at every level against the toughest opposition, Yamaha's engineers have analysed every single component and made a wide range of improvements.
As a result of this intensive part-by-part analysis the entire motorcycle has been subject to an extensive redesign, and the team of engineers has succeeded in achieving significant weight savings together with power gains and enhanced handling performance for the 2020 YZ450F.
- Engine TypeLiquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve
- Displacement (cc)449.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm)97.0 × 60.9
- Compression Ratio13.0 : 1
- Lubrication SystemWet sump
- Fuel ManagementFuel Injection
- Starter SystemElectric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L)6.2
- Final TransmissionChain
- TransmissionConstant mesh, 5-speed
- Frame TypeBilateral Beam
- Suspension FrontTelescopic forks, 310mm travel
- Suspension RearSwingarm (link suspension), 317mm travel
- Brakes FrontHydraulic single disc, 270mm
- Brakes RearHydraulic single disc, 240mm
- Tyres Front80/100-21 Dunlop MX33
- Tyres Rear120/80-19 Dunlop MX33