Yamaha’s race-tested YZ250 two-stroke is already known for its fast, powerful engine, plush suspension, class-leading handling and rider friendly character. With significant updates for 2022, it’s now even better.
Its all-new bodywork improves the ergonomics for an even higher degree of control and agility, and the industry-leading KYB suspension features revised low speed damping for better handling, while braking performance is taken to the next level with a new front caliper. And the new higher efficiency air intake and revised exhaust system sharpens the power output of the explosive 250cc liquid-cooled YPVS engine, whereas the new more powerful front braking system and revised suspension damping help to cut lap times.
And its new duo-tone colour scheme and graphics are sharper than ever. YZ250 2-stroke: The legend lives on!
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve with YPVS
- Displacement (cc): 249.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 66.4 x 72.0
- Compression Ratio: 8.9 - 10.6 : 1
- Lubrication System: Premix
- Fuel Management: PWK38S
- Ignition: CDI
- Starter System: Kick
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L)7.0
- Final Transmission: Chain
- Transmission: Constant mesh 5-speed
- Frame Type: Aluminium controlled filled semi double cradle
- Suspension Front: Telescopic forks, 300mm travel
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm (link suspension), 315mm travel
- Brakes Front: Hydraulic single disc, 270mm
- Brakes Rear: Hydraulic single disc, 240mm
- Tyres Front: 80/100-21 Dunlop Geomax MX33F
- Tyres Rear110/90-19 Dunlop Geomax MX33