One ride on the R6 lets you know that this new supersports weapon bike was bred on the racetrack.
With three Supersport World titles in recent years and local dominance, the track focused R6’s fierce winning reputation has been hard earned.
This all new machine features newly developed low-drag bodywork and an aggressive look that bears all the characteristics of Yamaha’s thoroughbred R-series DNA.
And with its advanced electronics and high power and race proven inline four engine, the YZF-R6 gives you extreme supersport performance with absolute control.
YZF-R6. Now with next generation R-series DNA.
- Engine TypeLiquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, forward-inclined parallel 4-cylinder
- Displacement (cc)599.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm)67.0 x 42.5
- Compression Ratio13.1 : 1
- Lubrication SystemWet sump
- Fuel ManagementFuel Injection
- Engine ManagementYCC-T, YCC-I, D-MODE, QSS, TCS
- Starter SystemElectric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L)17.0
- Final TransmissionChain
- TransmissionConstant mesh 6-speed
- Frame TypeAluminium Deltabox
- Suspension FrontTelescopic forks, 120mm travel
- Suspension RearSwingarm (link suspension), 120mm travel
- Brakes FrontHydraulic dual discs, 320mm - ABS
- Brakes RearHydraulic single disc, 220mm - ABS
- Tyres Front120/70 ZR17M/C (58W) Tubeless
- Tyres Rear180/55 ZR17M/C (73W) Tubeless